ENGAGING EXPERTISE, EDUCING EXCELLENCE
The 1st International Conference on Science, Technology and Innovation Policy and Management (STIPM-2016) will be hosted by MUET in collaboration with Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan Council for Science and Technology (PCST) and ECO Science Foundation on November 16-17, 2016, at Mövenpick Hotel Karachi , Sindh Pakistan.
The aim of the conference is to:
- Provide a forum to STI community for the presentation and discussion of the STIPM best practices adopted at national and international levels.
- Addressing the need, challenges and strategies involved related to designing and implementation of STI Policy .
- Stimulate and exchange new ideas and approaches for STIPM and related studies required.
The Conference programme will include keynote speeches, papers presentation and plenary panels on global trends in Science,Technology and Innovation Policy and Management.
Themes of the conference
Science, Technology and Innovation Policy and Governance:
- Global trends in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
- National and Regional Innovation System , Clusters and Industrial Networks
- Governance issue surrounding innovation policy
- Integrating STI in Public Policy and Development
- Role of Academia , Industry and Government in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy and its implementation
- Role of STI policy institutions
- Funding for promotion of STI policy and its Implementation
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Evaluations
- STI indicators and their assessment
Economics of Innovation and Development:
- Economic Development through STI system
- Innovation for low income markets and social innovation
- Technology transfer , marketing and commercialization
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in developing countries
- Intellectual Property Rights and Economic Development
- Role of Business R&D on economic growth
Innovation and R&D Management:
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Innovation management in multinational corporations
- Science technology and business parks
- Evaluation of R&D Institutions supporting STI system.
- Evalution of R&D projects
Dr. SM Qureshi
Former Federal Secretary (S&T)
Prof. Dr. Anwar-ul-Hassan Gilani
Prof. Dr. Maria Nedeva
Manchester Buisness School
Dr. Marina Ranga
Senior Researcher, H-STAR Institute, Stanford University
Prof. Zamri Mohamed
Universiti of Teknologi
Dato' Dr. Samsudin Tugiman
PROF. DR. MANZOOR HUSSAIN SOOMRO
President ECO Science Foundation
Dr. Youngah Park
Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning
Become Our Sponsor